Advertisements

International Relocation

Pure Portugal

Caravans Wanted

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:35 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:41 am 

Hi, I am writing on behalf of Pegadas e Bigodes, a dog shelter that some of you may know based near Figueiró dos Vinhos.

With the onset of the fire season, there is always the possibility that the shelter will need evacuating. There are 30-45 dogs there at any one time.

If you would like to support us, during the fire season for emergency relief, or just generally, please get in touch. 965454775.

If an emergency evacuation is required, I will call you & ask if you can go to the shelter and how many dogs you can take.

I look forward to hearing from you.

18 June - we have been evacuating dogs overnight while the roads are still passable. There are many dogs still left at the shelter. Volunteers now have to leave as they are fearful they too will become trapped. Access from the south only. If you can help, please call. 965454775.

Profile   WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:02 pm 

Hello I have just seen your request ... we could possibly take some dogs for you during this fire period ... we are based near Arganil and have a large 8ft x 8ft wooden dog shed (concrete floor with wood bed area) within a wired pen (concrete) within a cattle wire fenced garden ... I think this structure could keep a couple of large dogs for you or if you prefer 3 med (12 - 20kg) or 5 small (under 12kg) but they must be good together as I cannot separate them...I also would prefer non hunting type as I do have 2 cats which although cannot access the actual pen (2mtr high but no top, although I will put net shading for the dogs) the cats can get into the garden area thus would torment the dogs which then may fight or try to break out ... please do call if you feel we could be of benefit to you ...964546885 ...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:02 pm 

Thank you Frances. We are okay for now, all the dogs are safe & sound. Could I add you to our database for future emergencies? Best wishes, Emma

Profile   WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:23 pm 

Sure, if you feel our dog accommodation would be a suitable short term choice in such an emergency....regards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:20 pm 

Getting animals to you may be challenging, the shelter's in Figueiro dos Vinhos, but we need all the help we can get in these troubling times.

Thank you.

Profile   WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:02 pm 

we know where you are as have recently delivered a pallet of travel crates to you... we have a secure covered and vented pick up truck ( also 1 x large and 1 x med dog cage) so can move several animals for you in an emergency ... although note at the moment we are ourselves quite close to the Gois fires of today and would naturally in such an event prioritize our own family pets but should there be time they would go within our motorhome... we will always help you if we are able, even if just moving the dogs in bulk to other places for you... take care over there

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:34 pm 

Thank you Frances. Hope you were okay during the fires and it has quietened down for you.

Profile   WWW