Advertisements

Architect Your Home

International Removals

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:57 pm 

Has anyone recently taken a taxi from Lisbon Airport to Oriente Station? My young nieces are coming on Monday with a friend and they are coming to me by train. They have never done this on their own before and instead of explaining the tube system to them (which I have only done once myself) I was wondering how much a taxi would cost. Does anyone know?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:18 pm 

Is this any help.

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Lisbon-Airpo ... do-Oriente

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:59 pm 

Old Bloke wrote:
Is this any help.

That is EXTREMELY useful, OB, many thanks. A taxi is not that more expensive so that is probably the best option. I will make sure that they know they have to insist on the meter being used so there will be no surprises at the other end. Ta!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:05 am 

fleurishi wrote:
Has anyone recently taken a taxi from Lisbon Airport to Oriente Station? My young nieces are coming on Monday with a friend and they are coming to me by train. They have never done this on their own before and instead of explaining the tube system to them (which I have only done once myself) I was wondering how much a taxi would cost. Does anyone know?

DO NOT LET THEM TAKE A TAXI FROM LISBON AIRPORT TO ORIENTE!

Get them to use the Metro!

The Taxi Drivers at Lisbon Airport are a bunch of sharks. It's not just the meter scam. They also have been running the scam of running around the houses and adding adding more kilometers to the route to charge more.

How do I know! It's happened to me & I speak Portuguese! On one occasion, +- year ago we arrived late at night! Jumped in cab and started off. Before I could stop him the drive had shot of in a direction opposite to the way he should have gone and added 5km to the trip. There was NO heavy traffic. When I confronted him at the Hotel and asked for his number he almost hit me & probably would have done if there had not be witnesses.

In the past couple of years, taxi drivers have not put meters on twice and my wife has had to have argy-bargy's with them.

The Police are regularly arresting airport taxi drivers for scamming tourists.

There are also two types of cabs.

Four seaters & six seaters. If you take a large one, you have to pay a higher rate.

Also, at present, there tend to be long lines waiting for taxis as it's summer

It's very uncomfortable to arrive at Lisbon Airport & be treated thus.

The Metro is simple & fast.

Much calmer than the taxi.

Profile   WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:30 am 

barlaventoexpert wrote:

DO NOT LET THEM TAKE A TAXI FROM LISBON AIRPORT TO ORIENTE!

Get them to use the Metro!

I appreciate your input and I know about what could happen but they have not travelled abroad unsupervised before. If they take the tube then it's the hassle of getting the Andante (or whatever the thingy is called); getting on the right line and using the Andante thingy to pay for the journey. I have sent my sister some links about dodgy taxi drivers and have already suggested they get a cab from Departures instead of Arrivals (as suggested on some forum). It will be fine I am sure / I hope :-)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:29 pm 

What time are they coming in? How old are they?

I may be in the area of the airport on Monday on a job, if you want me to see them into a cab!

PM me!

Profile   WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:26 pm 

barlaventoexpert wrote:
I may be in the area of the airport on Monday on a job, if you want me to see them into a cab!PM me!

What a totally sweet offer but it won't be necessary. I have sent you a pm - a bit delayed because of the party season commencing.