It is currently Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:39 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:49 am 

Sorry X Camone! It was a typo and I hadn't noticed - hence didn't get the
bit about needing glasses!

Mrs. T.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:50 am 

Update to my original post:

Yesterday I went to the IMTT office in Faro to revalidate my Portuguese driving license and to change the home address. I had printed off the form from their web site and filled it in, although the site was not very clear on what you needed to take. The last time I had to revalidate it I needed 2 photos but nothing is mentioned now. So, like all things beurocratic, I took absoluteley everything, Atestão Medico, Passport, Residencia, Fiscal card, utility bill, photos and of course my driving license. I got there for when they opened at 9.00 a.m and boy was I pleased I did as I only waited about 20minutes.

The lady I saw didn't even look at my residencia, fiscal card etc and photos were not required. She just tapped away on the computer using my driving license number, took a copy of the Medical form, charged me 30.00 euros and gave me a form showing new driving license details and that was it. I don't think I was in the chair more than 3 minutes. I would recommend you check all the details are correct before you depart, as she had forgotten to change my address, so that form had to be corrected and printed off again.

While I was there I asked if there was any truth in the rumour that you will have to sit a test in future. I was told "nothing was planned at the moment" but they would not say if anything was 'in the pipeline' for the future. Now all I have to do is wait for my new Cartão do Condução....watch this space!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:36 am 

So pleased to hear it went well and in record time! Let's hope the card also arrives speedily. Dedos cruzados!

.... from the land of warmth, sunshine and oranges ....

Profile   WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:13 am 

J. So pleased all went well.

Quote:
While I was there I asked if there was any truth in the rumour that you will have to sit a test in future. I was told "nothing was planned at the moment" but they would not say if anything was 'in the pipeline' for the future.

This has given me a bit of reassurance. Mr. T. cannot do his till about March (renewal is in June), so hopefully that "no -test" will still be o.k. then!

Will email you soon (and to V).

Mrs. T. xx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:07 pm 

Final Update:

Well, to my utter amazement, yesterday the postman left a slip for a recorded delivery to be collected at the post office. I went along this morning, and it was my new driving license. Congratuations IMTT in Faro for such a speedy (and unexpected) service. Eleven days and that included weekends!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:09 pm 

Wow! I think the last time we did ours it was over 2 months before it came!

Our GP signed Mr. T's form last week without asking for his eye test - just took his word! He also said that we can renew the licence at the post office rather than using a driving school. The p.o. sends the doctor's form and the licence off and Santarem then sends the new one to our house. Cannot believe it, but will go in next month and give it a go.

Mrs. T.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:59 am 

Renewed mine, at age seventy, a couple of weeks ago. My Doctor gave me an eye test. It is that simple one where one covers alternate eyes and reads the letters. The Doctor then asked;'are you in date for Tetanus'. No! The Doctor signed my form and told me to pop into the health center, next time i was in town and get a jab.
In and out of IMTT in fifteen minutes. License arrived thirteen days later.