Advertisements

International Relocation

Pure Portugal

It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:12 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: SEF appointments (again)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:20 pm 

Hi (long time since last post!)
I've been trying to use the online website to apply for an appointment at Coimbra SEF for permanent residence (after 5 years) and just hitting a brick wall.

http://www.sef.pt/portal/v10/EN/aspx/marcacao/marcacao.aspx?lingua=EN

I get through the procedure OK right up until I press "Get availability" after putting in all personal details. Then, a "Select day" box opens that just contains the words "Available data" and nothing else-- no hot-spots to click and no info. No indication that the info has been accepted.

I did use their "contact us" form to inquire about this but just got a standard reply saying that I couldn't apply for an appointment via email (I know that!!).

So, I don't know if my data has been accepted or not. There have been no further emails. I'm reluctant to go the phone application route as I've heard it can involve a very long time on hold, although it might have to come to that.

Has anyone else had this experience with the online application? A friend told me that they did the whole process online without ever having to go to the SEF office, but I think that would have been a good while ago and might not still be possible.

Any thoughts or ideas welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:19 pm 

OK. Drilling down through the SEF website I have finally discovered that appointments for the Coimbra City Shop must be made by telephone. No online option, so that explains things. It would, though, have been useful if the online form had trapped my application as coming from Miranda do Corvo and flagged up the reason why it wasn't going through.

Consider me better informed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:43 pm 

The website has not been of any use for many offices for months now.

I had to hold onto the phone for about 20 mins after several tries a few months back to get an appointment.

Hopefully with the recent increase in SEF staff it won't be to long before the system is revamped & upgraded!

Profile   WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:03 pm 

Partner Ruth tried a couple of times today to get through on the phone, and gave up after over half an hour of onhold-music. It's pretty bad.

I did notice on the website that solicitors (and other specific personages) could still do it online. Maybe that could be a quicker, if more expensive, route.