Advertisements

Storage Express

Pure Portugal

dog kennels condeixa

It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:54 pm 

Hi

Anyone in or near the area of Abrantes/Entrocomento more specific Constancia/Martinchel? Just purchased a property and going through the pains and aches of sorting it out from well services, timber yards etc. We dont have many neighbours and our portuguese at this stage is as far as ola and obrigado lol.

Many thanks

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:37 am 

Hi

My Portuguese husband grew up in that area. What do you need help with. I can ask him.

I also know on English couple not living too far away.

Astrid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:23 pm 

Hi there--we're just between Abrantes and Entroncamento, in Vila Nova da Barquinha. Bought just over two years ago and gradually restoring an older house--partly ourselves, and partly using various local trades.

We're only there part of the year so far, due to family commitments, and will next likely be there in October, from Western Canada.

Can we help? I speak some Portuguese, and am getting to know the local suppliers and services reasonably well.

Kathy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:26 pm 

"Just purchased a property and going through the
pains and aches of sorting it out from well services, timber yards etc"

p.s. We used to do most of our shopping for tools, building materials at the AKI at Torres Shopping mall in Torres Novas. It's pretty good.

However, they've recently opened a Brimarche in Entroncamento, right off the highway near the Leclerc big supermarket north of town, and it's closer and very good as well. Seem to have lots of lumber and building materials as well as paint, hardware, some furniture etc.

We also, through our realtor, got hold of an excellent window manufacturer in Entroncamento, who did a great job replacing all our very old windows with new double-paned ones.

K