Advertisements

Architect Your Home

International Removals

It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:43 pm 

Evening all, would anyone be willing to stick their head above the parapet & give us a ballpark figure per square/cubic meter for reconstruction costs around inland Algarve? We don't need anything 'finished to a high standard', just habitable will do!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:20 am 

If you can do a list of what needs to be done and give us the building size it would make it possible to help.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:15 am 

Hi there, we're not in the algave, so possibly not a good comparison? But we have been quoted €150k, to design and build a 200sq metre, 2 storey house, all in. That's for a medium to high spec finish. For this the architect designs the house and goes thro planning, as well as project managing the build. (So we have no work to do at all, not even decorating!) We asked around and this seems about average, in the central pt region. Not to say you couldn't do it cheaper, but with more hassle? Hope that helps a bit.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:22 pm 

Algarve has to be competitive with anywhere else - maybe even more so because there is a lot of competition. 750 to 800 euro per m2 is not a bad base for your calculations. Easy to exceed this by adding amenities and better spec equipment but possible to keep to that if you are not requiring much.

Having said that in my view it would be false economy not to put in the heating matrix for underfloor heating if you are laying a new floor slab and good (more expensive) windows are so much better than cheap windows at saving you money in the winter. As always its a balance

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:51 am 

Is this pricing for a house that has full insulation and an energy certification of A+ etc?
And is it for a bulk standard Portuguese style house or for a modern more 'international' design?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:38 am 

In our case the house is a bioclimatic design, very well insulated and includes underfloor heating. It is a modern, but plain, design rather than a traditional pt style. There is a lot of glass which you don't tend to get with traditional houses. The building materials and tecnique are modern, so - we are told - should be very fast construction. IF we ever get permission, 3 months and counting!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:08 pm 

Great, thanks, good luck!
Its the waiting around time between all of the stages that really puts me off, but equally I can't find much that I like/suits my needs...