Advertisements

Storage Express

Montis

dog kennels condeixa

It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:46 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:05 am 

There are times too often when all of use fail to realise that we can easily owe a debt of gratitude to someone we never even met. I feel this is the case towards Simon who started this forum. There are others in my case, but expatsportugal was one of the places that changed my life for the better, and became a forum I was delighted to be a member of.

When many of us have a dream of new pastures, it can seem overwhelming to undertake such a huge step. Forums like this provide a place of encouragement and support, plus, a stepping stone in fulfilling our dreams, and had it and others not existed, perhaps, many of us would have remained as we were.

I thank Simon in particular along with other contributing members. As I say this, my heart goes out to Emma. Again, unknown to her, she became a great source of encouragement in my ambitions and I thank her also.

Let us all think for a moment how others have helped us along the way in our journey throughout life. For me, a new life in Portugal.

http://ExpatInPortugal.com/

Last edited by Ashley on Wed May 02, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:58 am 

I joined the family of Expatsportugal late at night in March 2007 and to this day this is the Forum I check out first thing every day. Without the help of all the members I may never have made my move to my place in the sun. The help from all the members gave me the confidence to make the move.

I am not the only one to have used the help from members of this Forum and I hope it carries on helping others as it helped me. Always there watching over the Forum was Simon allowing the Forum to work as it should but there when needed.

Goodbye Simon but you will always be there in our thoughts.

Peter

This Blog is for information only
http://Iberianspices.blogspot.pt

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:37 am 

Beautifully said, Ashley. Simon's forum has been invaluable to us in fulfilling our dreams and we are forever indebted to him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:27 am 

Thanks so much for your kindness, he would really appreciate it.

I wish that everyone could have a little false death so we could all experience the love that flows after we die.

Maybe just for one day we should imagine that everyone in our lives will die tomorrow, and we have one last chance to let them know what they mean to us.

I sure wish I'd had that chance :'(

www.emmashouseinportugal.com

Profile   WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:32 am 

Hi All and Emma

I was lucky to have meet Simon and yes he was a nice guy. Perhaps in his memory we could have a day each year on the Forum with a little catchup. But a catchup with a twist, a brief how things have progressed in our life. Our life has so many links to this Forum i think it may show a kind of respect to Simon because his Forum directly help most of use.

Peter

This Blog is for information only
http://Iberianspices.blogspot.pt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:51 pm 

goatperson wrote:

> Maybe just for one day we should imagine that everyone in our lives will
> die tomorrow, and we have one last chance to let them know what they mean
> to us.

This is a thought that few of us ever consider Emma. Perhaps we shy from that thought to protect the emotions involved and then, there are those that fail to even care.

I've made mistakes in my time and lived to regret them. If I'd considered your words above, now I'd feel different, and not have some regrets over a fall out with a wonderful grandmother. If only I had the time again and understood her wise words which, were words spoken from experience.

Thank you Emma.

http://ExpatInPortugal.com/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:12 am 

Sage words, duly acted upon here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:34 pm 

A great post that I have only just found. I was also lucky enough to meet Simon a few years ago in Lousa. With his 1,000,000km car he was so fond of lol.

He was a great guy with a wicked sense of humour. This forum also acted as a life support for me from 2005 when I started to look at moving and became a great place to make friends and get help when I moved here in 06'.

Jayne I don't think uses the forum any more but she would often ring me to make sure my kids were OK and if I needed help with anything.

Bruxy aka Gabbie also became a friend and offered help whenever I needed it.

I still keep in touch with both today via Facebook, which is party to blame for the reduction in activity on this group. I am also guilty of that. But with raising a family and running 2 businesses life just kinda takes over.

Will try my best to get back into things :)

Profile   WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:42 pm 

Although these days I seldom post, nevertheless, I do enjoy reading every ones posts.

I have just enjoyed reading your post Disc Brakes (smile) and your kind words.....which I have just told Gabby about.

Love to everybody.

p s Before, I go just a little story. You can stand and watch a ship leave port and then keep on watching it until it reaches the horizon and out of sight but you know the ship is still there with all aboard including "its captain".