Advertisements

Storage Express

Montis

dog kennels condeixa

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:47 am 

Just to give people a warning. My HP Envy printer stopped printing properly.
Thinking it must have run out of ink I put in 2 new cartridges (HP make - 32€).
The printer then refused to print anything! Tried all sorts - cleaning heads, etc.
(wasting my expensive ink!). Looking on net, I see this is a common fault with this printer.

As under guarantee, I took it back to Wortens, who had to send it back to ??
for repair. They kept it almost a month! I collected it yesterday, but because I was
in a hurry I didn´t open the box in the shop. Big mistake!!!

Opened it today to find they had not only kept the 2 leads that go with the printer but the
cheeky monkeys had removed my two new ink cartridges!!! So I cannot test the printer to
see if they have even cured the fault.

I will go back to Wortens on Friday, but will they believe me about the ink? I have always
found the staff in Tomar shop helpful, so fingers crossed.
But, learn from my mistake and make sure you open any box if it has been sent for
repairs.

I only bought the HP printer as I had just bought an HP laptop. I would NEVER buy an
HP product again, not just for this time, but other niggly problems.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:32 pm 

Once outside the initial 30 days after purchase the retailer must have the option to repair. If it is not returned within 30 days then they must refund/replace it if within guarantee period.
They should not have asked for any leads, just the printer.
Had this issue a few times with Worten and Box Jumbo. On one occasion it was modem/router. Outside 30 days so it had to go off for repair. How was I supposed to access web and email for the next month? Massive row with loads of employees but a young man pulled me to one side when his senior colleagues had left and said a new one. If the old item cannot be repaired you will get refund. If it is repaired then return the new one before 30 days for a no questions refund. If the old item is not returned within 30 days you will get refund. He said it is what everyone does!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:15 pm 

Thanks for the reply. They did give me a lead (which I probably have got a spare one somewhere anyway) but I have to go back in another week about the ink - which is what annoyed me most.
Wortens will contact HP and see if HP will send them (W) the ink for me. No, W. could not give
me the ink and get it back off HP ......

I am so fed up with this that I am willing to throw the thing in the bin! I rarely use a printer, but
when I DO want to use it, I want to HAVE it.

Just remember anybody - if you take a printer to be repaired (whatever make) remove all
the leads, plugs and ink before you go. I think Wortens should make sure their staff do this
anyway and give it back to the customer before the item goes off for repair.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:35 am 

An update for those who might be interested.
I returned to Wortens 3 times to ask about my ink and each time had to go through the whole
saga again as the different staff member didn´t know anything about it. So I doubt they even
bothered to contact HP about it. I then decided it wasn´t worth my blood pressure!
So I have given up and will not shop at Worten´s again. o.k. it wasn´t their fault to start with
but they obviously didn´t want to sort the problem out.

I will now buy the cheapest printer I can find and if it goes wrong or runs out of ink I will just
replace it. It will NOT be an HP though!