Advertisements

Architect Your Home

Removals and Storage to Portugal

It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1014 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:43 pm 

Inside Out, Monday 22/11/2010 at 19-30hrs. BBC one east midlands,
Sky 980 and Freesat 952.

Investigates, Madeleine McCann and the Madeleine Foundation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00w7768

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:04 pm 

Ingles wrote:
"Kate McCann, 42, said: "My reason for writing is simple - to give an account of the truth."

At last, the truth?.

The truth? What truth?...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:57 pm 

I know this is from 2007 but I Find this bit very interesting:-
"
We've just set up a mechanism for people who said they wanted to do something and contribute, so that the money can be used, errr.. for all sorts of reasons but probably, mainly, for legal expenditure."

Good response to appeal fund BBC News video

Eileen McCann in Rothley, 17 May 2007
17 May 2007

The family of missing girl Madeleine McCann say there has been a good response to the appeal fund.

Transcript

By Nigel Moore

Kathy Rochford: Here, in Rothley, the sea of yellow ribbons; the mountain of soft toys behind me, grows ever larger. Now, as you say, it's been two weeks tonight that Madeleine was taken from her parents apartment and yet still people come here today, streaming through, reading the messages of support; some of them reduced to tears by the notes left by children. Now, among the visitors today was Madeleine's Scottish grandmother and I spoke to her just before she flew back to Scotland and she told me that she had just spoken to her son, Gerry, in Portugal. This is what she said about him...

Eileen McCann: Feeling a lot brighter and better in his voice and I think us being here with the family, and the fund starting, that's uplifted him. And his doctors from the hospital, especially Doug Skehan - who's his immediate boss - he's been just wonderful. Good uplifting news, so that's probably made his voice a bit brighter; not as anguished, and that's what I found in him today.

Kathy Rochford: Well, that's how events here are buoying up the family in Portugal but I'm joined now by Madeleine's great uncle, Brian Kennedy, and he's going to tell us about the fighting fund. Errm... What's been the public's response to it, Brian?

Brian Kennedy: Well, it's been very good, so far, but a lot of people have said they're not quite sure how they can give money, so may I tell them?

Kathy Rochford: Yes, very briefly.

Brian Kennedy: Right, very briefly, you can go into any branch of the NatWest or The Royal Bank of Scotland and just say that you would like to make a contribution to the Madeleine Fund.

Kathy Rochford: Well, tell me, Brian, about all the people that have been coming up to you today - just literally stuffing money in your hand.

Brian Kennedy: Yes, yes, they have. It... it's very touching... very touching. I... I would just say this is not an appeal; the family haven't made an appeal. We've just set up a mechanism for people who said they wanted to do something and contribute, so that the money can be used, errr.. for all sorts of reasons but probably, mainly, for legal expenditure.

Kathy Rochford: And, of course, there is the video and you want that to have saturation coverage, don't you?

Brian Kennedy: We do, it's, errr... gone out and it's very widespread already, errm... we're particularly concerned that it should reach as many countries as possible.

Kathy Rochford: Okay, Brian, thank you very much indeed for talking to us. As I said, you can see here all the yellow ribbons; that is a testament of what people feel like; they really want to pay tribute to Madeleine; want to see her back home safe and well.

Note:

By Nigel Moore
16 November 2010

Brian Kennedy was appointed as a director of Madeleine's Fund on 16 May 2007, just the day before this interview, so we must assume that he is speaking here from a position of some authority.

During the course of the interview, he unequivocally states two things:

1) The new fund "...is not an appeal; the family haven't made an appeal", and

2) The fund will be used "for all sorts of reasons but probably, mainly, for legal expenditure".

At that precise time, the official Madeleine McCann website carried the following message about the newly-formed company [screenshot can be viewed on this page]:

'Fund Details

The family of Madeleine McCann are to-day launching the Madeleine's Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned appeal. The funds will be used to help find Madeleine McCann, support her family and bring her abductors to justice. Any surplus funds will be used to help families and missing children in United Kingdom, Portugal and elsewhere in similar circumstances.'

Quite clearly, and contrary to the claims of Brian Kennedy, Madeleine's Fund is here being launched as an 'appeal', and at no point is any reference made to the McCanns' need for 'legal expenditure', which Mr Kennedy states the fund will be used for all sorts of reasons but probably, mainly, for legal expenditure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:28 am 

More about this coming program, Inside Out, Monday 22/11/2010 at 19-30hrs. BBC one east midlands,
Sky 980 and Freesat 952.

Investigates, Madeleine McCann and the Madeleine Foundation.

here:-

http://www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:39 pm 

Scroll down to.
"The 100+ questions posted 21/11/10 and deleted at 09-50hrs. 22/11/10 from the Sunday Express comments section"

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:03 am 

"What neither the McCanns, their cheerleaders, nor many others of us can have realised at the time, was the seriousness of the affront done by their earlier actions - not to an individual, in the form of Goncalo Amaral, but to a nation. The collective indignation can be sensed from the explanatory observations of the appeal judges responsible for recently lifting the ban on Amaral's published work.

The McCanns have so far revelled in throwing other people's weight around. Two middling medics from middle England have succeeded in riding roughshod over the constitution of a sovereign power, encouraged libellous criticism of its executive, and brought the same state's judicial system into disrepute. Did they honestly believe this could go on forever? If they did then, like as not, they are in for further surprises. This is the playground. It's payback time. "

By Dr Martin Roberts - 2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:33 am 

mrforja wrote:
"What neither the McCanns, their cheerleaders, nor many others of us can have realised at the time, was the seriousness of the affront done by their earlier actions - not to an individual, in the form of Goncalo Amaral, but to a nation. The collective indignation can be sensed from the explanatory observations of the appeal judges responsible for recently lifting the ban on Amaral's published work.

The McCanns have so far revelled in throwing other people's weight around. Two middling medics from middle England have succeeded in riding roughshod over the constitution of a sovereign power, encouraged libellous criticism of its executive, and brought the same state's judicial system into disrepute. Did they honestly believe this could go on forever? If they did then, like as not, they are in for further surprises. This is the playground. It's payback time. "

By Dr Martin Roberts - 2010

I thought he was making a valid point throughout that quote until his last line - which suggests he has little interest in truth and justice and more interest in emotive patriotism.

Profile   WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:27 pm 

To be fair, that sentence only makes sense if you read the full text: he is refering to the way little bullies in schools (boarding schools?) would curry the favour of older children, that would eventually leave them defenseless in the playground when they left the school. He is alluding to the hypothetical cover by Brown et al and the change of regime that, according to him, left the McCanns vulnerable after their "bullying" of the Portuguese judiciary (my interpretation).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:27 pm 

Hypothetical cover?

I thought it was fairly well documented that the McCanns had had support from on high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:30 pm 

itsmeagain wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11754319

Is anyone going to defend the McCanns for publishing their own book whilst suppressing Amaral's?

So I guess the answer to my question is NO.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1014 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102  Next