Advertisements

International Relocation

Removals and Storage to Portugal

It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:30 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:13 am 

Hi, and happy new year.

I am preparing to go to the Camara to sort the residence card (EU citizen one).

Do I need to prove I've been in the country for three months, and if so, what do they expect - or do they just take my word for it?

Also, any tips on other things to take that might make it easier?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:28 am 

Hi,
Things may have changed since we did ours at Tomar Camara 7 years ago, but then we
had to go to the local Feguesia and get a paper, stamped by the "president" of the parish to
say we were living here, with the address,etc.
We took this and everything else we could think of to the Camara (saves a return journey!).
This included passports, bank account printout, utility bill. Cannot remember if they needed it all. Then it cost 15€ each for a 5 year residency. When we returned at the end of that time, they said the 10 year residency can only be done from Leiria - but that is a problem for you in the future.

Others may have done this more recently and have more up-to-date info.

By the way, have you checked out Portugal Friends facebook page? There is a coffee morning on Wed. 19th Jan. at Santa Iria Estralagem (the one in the Mouchao, the waterwheel park). If you went there, there are people who can give you
advice on most things.
Good luck,

Mrs. T.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:44 am 

Thanks so much, Mrs T - and I hadn't come across that group, so I'll check it out!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:30 am 

You are welcome! And I forgot to say Feliz Ano Novo!

Just a tip. If you go to the coffee am. there are very few parking places, so might be
best to park elsewhere and walk over the bridge to the hotel. You go in the door and it is
the room on the right where the coffee, drinks are sold and people gather. In nice weather we sit outside (smokers do that in winter, too!).
If you mention it is your first time people will introduce you to others - otherwise you tend to think people know what is going on. They also sell books - 50 cents. plus bring any you want to get rid of. Money goes to charity.
"Friends" welcome all nationalities and do events throughout the year for charity and fun. Might see you next wednesday then??

Mrs. T.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:25 am 

We had pretty much the same experience in Obidos 2 years ago. The paper from the Freguesia is called an Atesdado. Did not have to show any proof of how long we had been there, and even on our bank statement they only copied the actual details, not the amount in the account, and no proof of income was asked for. Hope the 10 year one proves as painless.

Profile   WWW