Advertisements

Storage Express

Pure Portugal

dog kennels condeixa

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Residency Card
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:02 pm 

My 5 year residency certificate expires in Feb 2020. I wish to know how far in advence I can apply for the 10 year residency card.
I have checked on the SEF website for appointments and it is already only showing appointment for November for Portimao.

Also apart from 2 photos and my original 5 year cert, what docs do I need to take.

Thanks in advance

Ged

Post subject: Re: Residency Card
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:06 pm 

You can now apply for your appointment at any SEF office.
You might find it easier to do it at Beja.
You don't need photos now as the new ID cards are the size of a driving licence and your mugshot will be taken digitally in the office at the time.
You should take all and any additional info that may be useful as they now put your Contrib. , SNS, and Soc. Security No. on the card.
If you have moved since you received your 5 year certificate you should also get it re-issued at the Camara in you area.
A certidão da residençia issued no more than 3 months by your local Junta da Freguesia should be takne as well.
We took this info with us to Santarem earlier this year and we had to wait a couple of hours but we were then processed quickly. A couple of weeks later the new 10 year-cards popped through the post.

Profile   WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:26 pm 

Thank you

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:59 pm 

When I applied last year for my 10-year card (update), I was advised by the people at SEF to apply 30 days in advance of the expiration, and not any earlier. That would be then, in your case gedtraynor, to make an appointment for January, 2020.

The documents, in general, required can be found here: https://imigrante.sef.pt/en/renovar-res ... rt78-2-rg/

"
- Two recent, identical photographs, in colour with blank background, and easily identifiable (only for appointments at Odivelas, Aveiro or Braga SEF bureau)
- Residence Title valid, or expired in the previous 6 months
- Passport or any other valid travel document
- Evidence of sufficient means of subsistence, as per the provisions of Order number 1563/2007, of 11/12
- Evidence that the applicant has adequate accommodation, in particular by submitting a declaration of residence issued by the Parish Council of the area of residence; or a lease contract registered at the Tax Authority and the rent’s last receipt; or a contract of purchase and sale or the title deed of the estate.
- Permission for checking criminal records – except for under 16 years old
- Document proving the regularized applicant’s tax situation, where applicable
- Document proving the regularized applicant’s Social Security situation, where applicable"

Also, SEF has recently stated, officially, that "SEF will use documents already existing in its working flow in all procedures for granting and renewal of the residence permit avoiding, therefore, those documents to be required to the applicants once again." But this would depend on whether previously submitted documents have expired, or not, pertaining to you.