Advertisements

Storage Express

Montis

dog kennels condeixa

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: UFOs..d'you believe?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:58 pm 

I don't know if any of you have read about an incident here in East Lindsey 2 weeks ago Sunday....
A windturbine was damaged at Conisholme, Louth.One of the blades (20 metres long) was torn off and another was buckled badly(tho I thought it had a 'melted'look)...
During the weeks leading up to this incident many reports were coming in of mysterious lights in the sky over that area. In the early hours of that Sunday morning, a family was driving home past the windturbines and noticed a circular light hovering over the windturbines and said it had a definite red edge to it...
as they drove on they heard, what they thought was an explosion.

Experts have said to damage those turbine blades would take a force of 10tonne and an object of about 170 ft..
They recovered the blade but as yet have no explanation for what caused it.
On our local news a few days ago, it was reported that once again lights have been seen over that area.
When the incident happened there were over 30 calls reporting the strange object hovering over the wind turbines, these included a local councillor and an elderly lady managed to take a photo of the object.

Profile   WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:03 pm 
Site Admin

http://vinnyswebsite.com/blog1/video-di ... colnshire/

Profile   WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:33 pm 

Well apparently the mysterious lights were caused by the fireworks for the birthday party of the father of a Grauniad newspaper journalist, they don't claim they did the damage to the turbine though....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/organgr ... wer-thesun

Profile   WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:00 pm 

UFOs..d'you believe?

ellie I'm a believer, I've seen one :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:01 pm 

Hi Ellie...yes, I mentioned it here in passing, but it got lost in the thread (admittedly cos it was off topic :wink: ):

http://www.expatsportugal.com/phpBB2/vi ... 7&start=45

It was on the BBC web page:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/linc ... 817378.stm

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:05 pm 

Thanks for your replies amigos :)

Its strange but a couple of months ago..well before Christmas I had a most peculiar dream. I dreamt I was laying in my bed and couldn't get to sleep and there was 'something' outside in the sky and it was trying to draw me out there towards it. I can tell you I woke in a real sweat and felt afraid.

Hi Fred, Ive had a couple of what you might call sightings. Before we went to live in Algarve we had a cottage in Benenden, Kent, on the edge of the village. One night I woke up in the early hours & couldnt get back to sleep, so decided to make a hot drink. But before I went down stairs I looked out of the window. It was a clear beautiful winter's night. Something caught my eye.....it was something moving and I looked up at the sky and there very high up the stars seemed to be moving..there were about 6 or more pin pricks of light, but they were moving in formation! It was too high up to be helicopters.
I did inform local authority also a UFO group but neither of them could tell me what it was I saw :?

Some years later, when back in UK, me,Hub & son saw the same thing when on a camping trip at Wallasea island in Essex. This time it was about Midnight and again it was so high up that it looked like the stars were moving.
Thanks for those links Bruxhy :wink:

Is it your opinion that we don't look up at the skies enough?

I sometimes have quite frightening thoughts..that we are being watched!

If there are aliens visiting us, watching us they would have to be far more intelligent than ourselves and very advanced in space travel....or could they be time travellers? My son thinks they are.

Profile   WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:23 pm 

driving along the A2 in kent one evening,with my 2 toddlers in the back of the car,in about `93 we all DEFINATELY saw a very large brightly-lit eclipse-shaped craft hovering about 500yds above the field alongside [about quarter-mile from us] which suddenly whooshed off sideways,much much faster than anything we ever saw even at biggin hill airfair. but i do wonder whether,as discussed [at length!] on a tv prog a couple of years later,there may be military/spy aircraft from ???russia? keeping an eye on other various countries? im not convinced though-i reckon we saw THE REAL THING! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:50 am 

When at University, I did some research into the crop circle phenomena. Very interesting. It was actually based on the science (yes, there is...chemistry and biology related stuff) aspect. Anyway, as time went by, I came across a lot of alleged UFO 'activity'.

At the time, I was in contact with several leading academic authorities on the subject of crop circles and it was obvious that although scientifically they struggled with this side of their research, they were certainly baffled by it. For sure, I was shown several very strange videos of so-called UFO activity that occurred when some crop circles appeared. I don't know what I saw. But what I do know is that I wasn't watching RAF activity or weather balloons or whatever.

Do I believe? Yes, I do. Would I like a first encounter? No ta :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:12 am 

The " famous " wiltshire crop circles it has been established were produced by Locals who wanted to take the ***** out of the media and the gullable, UFO watching old hippies and their like.

Many supposed UFO sightings have turned out to be " prototype " miltary aircraft.
If you had seen an early stealth bomber you could not have been blamed from thinking it was extra terrestrial.
As for the damaged wind turbine, is,nt lincs the base from many miltary aicraft and low flying.
Accidents happen, maybe a missile went off by mistake, they will hardly own up to it will they ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:55 am 

[quote="EMM"]The " famous " wiltshire crop circles it has been established were produced by Locals who wanted to take the ***** out of the media and the gullable, UFO watching old hippies and their like. quote]

I said I researched crop circles. I never gave my opinion here as to their origins. What I will say is this: crop circles are not particular to Wiltshire. The earliest recorded image was way back in the 17th century. There are indeed people who have or will, in the future, create such circles (for whatever reason) over and again. Doug Bower and Dave Chorley are but two. There even exists an artistic team that create crop circles on demand, usually for advertising or other media clients. Many crop circles are without doubt, created by human hand. Of that I have no doubt. However, there still remains a number which contain anomalies that are not found within known man-made crop circles. That does not mean I believe they are created by extra-terrestrials. Or demons. Or fairy folk. It just means I don't know how they were created. I like science. And to date, there is no official scientific standard by which we can determine the absolutes between man-made and non man-made crop circles.