Advertisements

Storage Express

Pure Portugal

dog kennels condeixa

It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:41 am 

SteveJ, the two year registration limit applied to your green paper licence as it didn't have an expiry date as such. The newer photocard licences expire after a maximum of 10 years, so remain valid as registered licences until that expiry date, unless age-limits apply.

Last edited by RichardHenshall on Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:37 pm 

Hi all.

Can you go to your local health centre, a local doctor, or do you need to go to a specific medical centre that deals with the Medical Certificate process?

Also, what does the medical exam comprise of?

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:32 pm 

I went about five years ago, and I just visited the local health centre. At that time I had to bring the printed medical letter from IMT. The doctor asked me no questions or did an exam, just talked to me about Canada, filled out the form and I was done. I was surprised since I had never been to the clinic before and they had no history on me. I was out in less than 10 minutes. I would think the online forms are the same regardless of the country you are from. But I waited 18 months for my new license! Hopefully things are faster now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:31 pm 

I am hoping to get the Medical done by my local Doctor next Monday. He has already done it once two years ago, and when I asked In November he said wait until January as it does not expire until February. However some friends of mine have had their local doctor absolutely refuse to do it on two occasions! They have now had it done privately at 40€ each!

Profile   WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:09 pm 

Thanks for the replies. I went to the hospital with I’d, driving licence, residency certificate, proof of address, finance number and passport. But I didn’t take my Portuguese health number! So all these things are needed, then it’s CGT and blood tests plus blood pressure and some questions. I think after it’s sll provided, the doctor sends the form electronically to MIT. Then it’s to the MIT to finish the business off.