Advertisements

International Relocation

Pure Portugal

Caravans Wanted

It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 11:54 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:59 pm 

One of the 'glass' side panels in my logburner cracked and popped a few weeks ago. Apparently this can just happen for no particular reason.
Anyway the stove is obviously unsafe to use till replaced. Unlikely to be needed for a few months but still I prefer to get it done, rather than wait till the last minute.

Does anyone know of a Glass Supply place where they would be able to cut a small panel of appropriate, safe, thermal glass suitable for logburning stoves and preferably in the Eastern Algarve ?

I have searched online ( in Portuguese and also English ) but so far have not found anywhere which looks as though they would cut a small panel ( as opposed to huge millionaires' glass doors and whatnot ).

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:35 am 

You need to ask in the old fashioned 'drogaria' type hardware shops. (The kind that sell everything from rat traps to dynamite) as most usual brands of wood burners have a standard size insert that is a common replacement and you may find in stock. Apart from that there are online suppliers to be found if you search for 'vidro temperado para lareira' any local glass company from yellow pages (www.pai.pt) will be able to cut and supply a piece if it's an unusual non stock size.

If you have a Fogo Montanha, Solzaima or one of the other Portuguese manufactured brands then it's an easy matter to order from the factory in the north of Portugal.

If it's a Villager or imported product then probably 'Fires of Portugal' based near Loulé will have in stock or will get for you.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:58 am 

It is definitely NOT a standard size. It's triangular for starters. ( With the apex of the triangle sliced off ........)

It will need to be cut from the panel on the other side of the stove as a template, that's why I need a suppliers I can go to ( with the template ) and have the replacement panel cut.

Is there such a place between VRSA and Tavira, by any chance ?