Storage Express

Montis

dog kennels condeixa

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Project Management
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:20 am 

Hiya,

We are having some work done on our house; we have an architect who will see the project through the Câmara, but we are having some problems with getting across the concept of project management - largely I suspect due to the language issues, but also may be because what we want may not be normal procedure here.

What we want is someone to oversee the builder: basically to represent us in agreeing on fixtures and finishings; in checking the work has been done correctly; agreeing that the next staged payment can be paid etc.

Is this something the architect would normally take on? What would be the correct term in Portuguese for this?

Any advice, experiences etc, would as ever be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Post subject: Re: Project Management
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:16 am 

Hi Steve,
I'm not sure an architect would project manage a build here, unlike in the uk say. Here a licenced engineer or bulder has to sign off on crutial build stages, architects are unlikely to have this licence. In our case the architect we're using works with an engineer and he is project managing the build. It can still be tricky not just language but cultural differences can make communications difficult. Maybe ask your architect for recomendations? Depending where you are, you might find an expat (if you can ask around) who has been through the process and can recommend someone. Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:23 pm 

Thanks for the info.

Our architect (who I'm pretty sure uses Google Translate for his emails to us) has indicated that the person we need is a "building inspector" - this then reverse translates into "inspetor de construção". This, I guess, is the licenced person you mentioned.

Thanks,

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:19 pm 

Hi Steve

Not sure if you know there are a few translators even from Google. The Camara and Financas where I live always use Google Tradatur, hope that helps some members who read this post.

Peter

This Blog is for information only
http://Iberianspices.blogspot.pt